What Does it Cost?
Return in December for 2024 Call for Artists application.
Below is a breakdown of fees and potential costs that will help you budget for the Fair.
1. Non-Refundable Application Fee
Late Fee $50 additional (beginning March 1, 2023)
The non-refundable and non-transferable application fee goes towards the careful processing and administration of your application by TOAF team and Jurors. We provide artist support services like Feedback Fridays and App Camp throughout the application process PWYC or free of charge.
* To be eligible to apply and exhibit as a student you must be currently enrolled full-time at a recognized post-secondary institution. Proof of student card and timetable required. Students under 18 years of age are not eligible.
2. Booth & Online Fair Participation Fees (2023 price TBC)
Onsite Booth & Online Fair*
Online Fair ONLY
10×10′ Student Booth: $450
10×10′ Regular Booth: $765
10×10′ Prime Location Booth: $865**
5×10’ Emerging Artist Packages: $650
*This fee includes participation in-person at Nathan Phillips Square and the online Fair.
**Prime booths offer maximum visibility and highest foot traffic throughout the square.
Online Fair Includes:
- Listing of 10 artworks for sale/view on TOAF’s proven trusted discovery platform during the 8-Day Online Fair*
- One-year artist profile on TOAF’s dynamic and high-traffic website (100,000 unique website visitors + 1 million annual page views)
- Impressive $150K marketing campaign, resulting in 102.6 Million earned and paid media impressions
- Showcase opportunities and inclusion in artists highlights, curated collections, digital ads and more
- Online-only artists are eligible for $5,000 in awards
*10% – 15% of online artwork sales will go towards TOAF administration and payment processing costs. Artworks sales are active until March.
3. Budget for Tent & Equipment Rental + more
A basic tent rental package including 10×10 ft tent and equipment is $330 – $450.
Your booth fee does not include a tent rental or any equipment. Every year, our exclusive third-party supplier Higgins Event Rentals provides discounted rentals for tents and equipment.
Transportation and Parking
Budget about $60 for a 4-day parking pass at Nathan Phillips Square underground parking lot (2023 price TBC).
Overnight Artwork Storage
Limited overnight artwork storage at Nathan Phillips Square is available first-come, first-served for a non-refundable fee of $150 per unit.
Artists must secure adequate insurance coverage protecting themselves, visitors and all exhibit material from damage or theft for the duration of the Fair and during setup.
Out of Town Artists
Budget about $500 for 3 days of overnight accommodations if travelling from out of town (2023 price TBC). Important information for International Artists.
Travel Bursary Program
Artists based in Canada, outside of the province of Ontario are eligible to apply for a Travel Bursary Program. Selected artists will be provided up to $1,500 (depending on location and need) to support the costs associated with artists’ participation at the in-person Fair at Nathan Phillips Square. After opting in and completing your application, a member of the TOAF team will reach out with an application form that must be completed in order to be considered for the award.
- All prices are listed in Canadian dollars.
- There is no increase in booth fees for 2023. However third-party supplier costs are subject to confirmation for 2023.
- TOAF only accepts credit cards, visa debit or prepaid credit cards, cash will not be accepted under any circumstance.
- Participation and booth fees are collected upon acceptance in March.
Access Programs & Financial Assistance
Art Encounters Program
The Art Encounters program offers mentorship, professional development, exhibition space, accessibility support (if needed) and artist fees (funding permitting) to remove barriers to access for Deaf or Disabled, Newcomers and Indigenous artists. More information and how to apply. Online Only artists are not eligible for this program.
OCADU Student Career Launchers
If you are an ILLU, MAAD, PHOTO, INTM, SCIN, DRPT, IAMD, DF, INVC or PRNT/PUBL students in their graduating year (2023), consider applying for the TOAF Career Launchers opportunity. Contact the RBC Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers (CEAD) for more information.
Ontario Arts Council Exhibition Assistance Grant
Upon receiving your acceptance letter you can submit an application for an Exhibition Assistance grant (reimbursement) from Ontario Arts Council for up to $2,000. For more information on deadlines and to apply see the OAC webpage.